Mr. Mendelson graduated magna cum laude from the State University of New York at New Paltz in 1983. While at college, Mr. Mendelson was selected to participate in the United Nations Semester; a project where selected students were afforded the opportunity of traveling to the United Nations each week to meet with various diplomats representing various countries throughout the world.
In 1983, Mr. Mendelson began studying law at the Rutgers University School of Law in Camden, New Jersey. In 1986, after being selected to represent Rutgers University at the Jessup International Moot Court competition, Mr. Mendelson graduated from Rutgers University School of Law and began practicing law as an associate with the Cherry Hill law firm of Davis, Reberkenny & Abramowitz, P.C. 1986 was also the year Mr. Mendelson met his wife, Mary Elizabeth Mendelson, a fellow Rutgers law school student. Mr. Mendelson and his wife presently live in Voorhees, New Jersey, with their four children.
Mr. Mendelson also represented the Voorhees Township Board of Education and provided volunteer services on behalf of the Voorhees Township Police Department. Mr. Mendelson worked as an associate and shareholder of Davis, Reberkenny & Abramowitz, P.C. from 1986 until December 31, 1999 when, along with William C. Davis, Esquire of the firm, he left Davis, Reberkenny & Abramowitz, P.C. to establish the law firm of Davis & Mendelson, L.L.C. This is where Mr. Mendelson has developed a legal practice which puts concerns for people and justice ahead of profits; and, in so doing, has dedicated his time and expertise to providing cost-effective problem-solving solutions to the persons and companies represented by Davis & Mendelson, L.L.C.
Mr. Mendelson has also taught and/or lectured for Burlington County College, for the Camden County Bar Association, the National Academy of Paralegal Studies and for the National Business Institute. He has also co-authored two books for the National Business Institute, “Real Estate Law in New Jersey” and “Family Law in New Jersey”. Mr. Mendelson is also responsible for “making law” in the context of his primary areas of practice. The cases of Clever v. Cherry Hill Township Board of Education, 838 F. Supp. 929 (D.N.J. 1993) and M.A. v. Voorhees Township Board of Education, 202 F. Supp. 2d 345 (D.N.J. 2002), affirmed 2003WL21357251 (3rd Cir. 2003) remaining leading cases in the areas of constitutional protections in the context of the public school system and confines of a school district’s special education responsibilities.
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Mediation/ Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Community Association Law
- Education Law
- Commercial Law
- Real Estate Law
- New Jersey, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1993
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law – Camden, Camden, New Jersey, 1986 J.D.
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Jessup International Moot Court
State University of New York Paltz, New Paltz, New York, 1982 B.S.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Honors: United Nations Semester
- Major: Education
- Real Estate in New Jersey, National Business Institute
- Family Law in New Jersey, National Business Institute
- Clever v. Cherry Hill Township Board of Education, 838 F. Supp 929 (District Court (D.N.J.) 1993)
- M.A. v. Voorhees Township Board of Education, 202 F. Supp 2d. 345 (District Court (D.N.J.) 2002)
- Hensel v. Voorhees Township Board of Education, OAL Docket No. 155-09 (Commissioner of EDU 2009)
- Voorhees Township Board of Education
- Beckett Association, Inc.
- Dentrex, Inc.
- Richard Middleton, C.P.A.
- Honorable Gloria M. Burns
- Honorable Lee B. Laskin
- Congressman Louis Greenwald
Classes/ Seminars Taught:
- Family Law, Rowan College Burlington County (Mt Laurel), 2005 – Present
- Family Law, Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2000 – Present
Affiliations, Professional Associations, and Memberships:
- Serving on the Rowan College at Burlington County College Advisory Board
- Thomas Forkin American Family Inn of Court, 2000 – Present/ Master
- Camden County Bar Association, 1986 – Present/ Member
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators/ Member
- Burlington County Bar Association/ Member
- Burlington County College Paralegal Program Advisory Board
Past Employment Positions:
- Davis, Reberkenny & Abramovitz, P.C., Attorney, 1986 – 1999
Pro Bono Activities:
- Rutgers Pro Bono Domestic Violence Clinic, 1998 – Present
- Camden County Legal Services, 1994 – Present